Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The latest Snow... a hope for its return....!

But lets us also not give ourselves to the business of pollution to let this joy return!


The morning chirping of the birds are missing, instead the cheerful sounds of playing kids early in the morning has replaced in the other wise silent and calm neighborhood.

It was a wonder this early morning that it drove me to peep through the window thinking I may have over slept or miss read my time on the clock.

As I looked through my window from between the slight open of the curtain, the earth around is covered, to the delight of a longing mind for such a joy, it was a merrily moment to see the blanket of thick and white all around.

It was snowing and unusually it has settled so thick after so many years of unsatisfactory snow in Thimphu and around.


not withstanding the excitement, I took my self out of the bed, buckled my shoe carrying a tiny camera I had and walked around my home to take some quick shots of excitement, joy and celebrations that I heard around.

Kids and adults playing snow ball and people making snowman. Excitement have even drove some one out in slippers forgetting the cold. For me I forgot the worry and disturbance I had from the accident I had last night.

Is it, the snow returning finally? Are we going to see this thick blanket the following winters unlike former years that had just a minute's white wash.

Thimphu house holds with white blankets over the roof
This winter had brought a hope particularly in me for bygone child hood days. which I remember playing in the thick snow and hiking in the near by forest in hope of finding dead wild boars to party.
The thickness measured my four fingers. A thickness that we never saw in the past years. Can we do it further more to reduce carbon emission so that we can receive this joy of winter return every year.

sparrows maintain silence.....!
Can we pollute less and cut more that pollutes so that this joy is reinstated to  assure ourselves that our natural health is recovered from invasions of destructive economic activities of pollutions.

It was like a spring hope, that this thick snow had brought for me. Let's wish ourselves good luck and enjoy the brightness of the snow flakes to return with indication of our environment recovering from sickness.

2 comments: